Thursday, May 24, 2012

KATY Bike Trail

Poetry Jam

Forest

The trees
 both right and left
 of where my bike can roll
add beauty to
my memory bank
add quiet
to my soul.

Trees add the challenges
that life can always give
we have the choices
to try and hide
or
fly and really
live.
Forests give us
peaceful streams
and
tangles of roots and vines
sometimes
so much just like life, 
that really floods our minds.
Learning from the animals,
to go slow
or
really very slow
is looking up,
 going steady,
using the nature mode 
so
I really must thank the turtle
for his time, 
along
this forest road! 

2 comments:

  1. You capture the feeling of being there so well in your words and images! ---Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! and my goodness, your bike pack looks pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete